We’re excited to announce that our State of Loyalty: Hotel Ancillary Report is back! This is our second annual report covering the points-integrated rewards programs of more than 30 leading hotel brands. Our first report came out in 2019 and was a state-of-the-industry benchmarking tool for hoteliers and industry experts to learn about the engagement strategies of major chains, their ancillary product portfolio, and how today's hotelier is enabling a fully connected travel experience.
This year’s report will include:
- Detailed breakdown of travel products offered by every global hotel chain, and if earn/burn are enabled
- Year-over-year booking transaction comparisons and projections
- Emerging ancillary trends for 2021 and beyond
The 2021 Report is scheduled for publication in early June. You can sign-up in advance to receive the report by clicking the button below. Once you’ve completed the signup process the report will be delivered to your inbox as soon as it’s available.
State of Loyalty: 2019 Hotel Ancillary Report Highlights:
- Rental Car is a Driver. In 2019 the global car rental market was expected to grow by 7.5 percent by 2024. From the proprietary data gathered via the iSeatz Ancillary Management System we know that car rentals are typically the largest transaction driver in an ancillary portfolio. This is for two reasons: Travelers, especially leisure travelers, are less likely to belong to a car rental loyalty program; Car rental booking is almost always booked post-lodging. It is a very logical next step in the trip planning process for hotels to offer rental car booking.
- Live Events are Lucrative. With an average booking value of almost $325, and generous commissions, live events were the most lucrative ancillary per purchase in 2019. They also have the distinction of serving as trip inspiration, not just an afterthought add-on - 71 percent of travelers book their live event tickets before traveling.
- Wellness Wanting. On-property spas seem a natural fit for a first-party ancillary, yet in 2019 only two brands offered redemption for wellness experiences.
Want to get more insights and updates from iSeatz? Sign up for our newsletter!
You can also learn more about iSeatz by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.